- "Have you ever heard of the art of Teräs Käsi? It was designed to counter the Jedi, but I find it works quite well on anyone with limbs to break."
- ―Dryden Vos, to Qi'ra
Teräs Käsi was a form of hand-to-hand combat that was created to fight Jedi. Its practitioners were ranked into novices, adepts, or masters according to their skills level, and wore distinctive outfits.
Qi'ra, a Crimson Dawn lieutenant, was proficient in this form of combat, having been trained by her employer Dryden Vos and used the form to take down Quay Tolsite of the Pyke Syndicate. The Elite Praetorian Guards of the First Order were also trained in Teräs Käsi, along with other martial arts.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the new Star Wars canon, Teräs Käsi was first mentioned in the 2015 mobile game Star Wars: Uprising. According to writer Gary Whitta, cut content from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story would have established that Saw Gerrera taught Teräs Käsi to Jyn Erso.
In the Finnish language, "teräs käsi" means "steel hand."
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: Uprising (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Shadows of the Empire novel
- ↑ Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi
- ↑ Anderson, Jenna (June 7, 2018). Star Wars: Teras Kasi Almost Debuted in 'Rogue One'. comicbook.com.