It was located in a natural depression on a plain, which was widened, sealed and filled with a liquid polymer. Modified battleships above the planet would then carve sections of the now hardened polymer into living space, and this process was then repeated until 18 levels were created to form the city's structure.
The polymer used could later on be reshaped by the city's inhabitants, if they wanted to. This meant that most of the walls in each flat could be turned into artworks by manipulating them. Finally, the city was capped by a transparent sheet, where thin spires were used as turbolift shafts and waste elimination systems.
- Young Jedi Knights: Shards of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Appears in hologram)
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe (First appearance)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 18 (ALD2, Alderaan)