- "Come see spectacular Teyr Rift. Then go home."
- ―Popular tourism motto
It was a popular tourist destination, known for its majestic mountains and the breathtaking Teyr Rift. Thousands of cruise ships, yachts, and other tourist vessels arrived daily at overcrowded orbital facilities from which passengers were ferried down to the planet. The Rift Skyrail connected all Teyr's spaceports with all major population centers and resort destinations in the Rift Territory.
- "What about Ganner?"
"He's from Teyr—he wouldn't know odds from groats. He's good in a fight, though, and smart when he thinks before acting. And handsome, too, as you've probably noticed."
- ―Jaina Solo and Corran Horn
The planet was colonized by at least 496 BBY.
By 16 ABY, Teyr was one of the New Republic's boom worlds. Fearing unbridled growth, Teyr's leaders created the Citizen Services Corps and tried to discourage immigrants with a maze of regulations. During the Black Fleet Crisis, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and his companion Akanah traveled to the planet seeking traces of the Fallanassi.
- Jedi: Mace Windu (Appears in flashback(s))
- Shatterpoint (Mentioned only)
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:10:05 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 71 (Mentioned only)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (Advertised destination only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- Before the Storm (First mentioned)
- Shield of Lies (First appearance)
- Tyrant's Test (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Traitor (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook