The Thalassian slavers were independent slavers hailing from the Thalassian system in the Outer Rim Territories, known to have hijacked starships to enslave everyone aboard. They also served as mercenaries when credits were low. As a result they were also known as the Thalassian Pirates. The most vicious of the Thalassian slavers was known as the Blood Prince of Thalassia.
Prior to the Clone Wars, a group of Senators including Tikkes, Bufus Ritsomas, Danry Ledwellow, and Wuja Wojaine were implicated in a slavery ring by a Thalassian slaver during plea bargain sessions before trial. At this time, the Zygerrians and the Karazaks were also operating slavery groups in the Outer Rim. After the Clone Wars, Thalassian slavers joined forces with the Separatist holdouts in their fight against the Galactic Empire in the Ciutric Offensive.
In times of the Empire, a cell of Thalassian slavers bought the CEC Barloz-class freighter Venom Sting from a mining station after the death of the ship's previous owner, the bounty hunter Xufal D'uat. The Thalassians re-named the ship Twi'lek Dancer and discovered, to the pleasure, that it had been fitted by D'uat to be used as a prison. The Thalassians used this ship as picket defense craft and assault gunboat in their raids, and also customized its engines, shields and weapons. Eventually, the slaver cell was jumped by pirates, who requised the ship.
- The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy (Mentioned only)
- I, Jedi
- Shield of Lies (First appearance)
- Specter of the Past (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim (First mentioned)
- Galaxy Guide 11: Criminal Organizations
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- Mos Eisley Adventure Set
- Stock Ships
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Pirates & Privateers
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- "Underworld: A Galaxy of Scum and Villainy"—Star Wars Insider 89
- Scum and Villainy
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
- The Essential Guide to Warfare