Thanoth was a male human who served the Galactic Empire as an extremely skilled inspector. He was assigned to the Sith Lord Darth Vader as an adjutant in order to help investigate a large sum of credits confiscated from the Son-tuul Pride being stolen from the Arquitens-class light cruiser.
- "Larceny is the least of the great crimes. Mark my words, we'll have tidied this away within the day."
- ―Thanoth assures Vader the case will be quickly resolved
The male human Thanoth held the rank of inspector and worked as a professional investigator for the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War against the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, he was assigned by Grand General Cassio Tagge to replace Oon-ai as an adjutant for the Sith Lord Darth Vader while Vader investigated the theft of a large sum of credits from an Imperial Arquitens-class light cruiser. When first introduced to Vader on Tagge's Executor-class Star Dreadnought Annihilator, the Inspector noted dust on Vader's armor which placed him on the moon Anthan 13 within the last 24 hours, an orbital body located in the same star system that the theft had taken place, leading the Inspector to correctly assume that Vader had been behind the incident.
Working with VaderEdit
Eventually, Thanoth, a dedicated patriot of the Empire, uncovered Vader's true identity as Anakin Skywalker, and figured out Vader's plan to replace the Emperor. The inspector met and told Vader where he could find the wayward Doctor Aphra on Cosmatanic Steppes. Thanoth was subsequently killed instantly by the Sith Lord's lightsaber to keep his secret, although Thanoth believed it was for the best of the Empire that Vader succeeded.
- Darth Vader 8: Shadows and Secrets, Part II (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 9: Shadows and Secrets, Part III
- Darth Vader 10: Shadows and Secrets, Part IV
- Darth Vader 11: Shadows and Secrets, Part V
- Darth Vader 12: Shadows and Secrets, Part VI
- Darth Vader 19: The Shu-Torun War, Part IV (Appears in hologram)
- Darth Vader 20: End of Games, Part I