|X-Wing: The Bacta War|
X-Wing: The Bacta War is the fourth installment in the X-Wing series of novels, released on February 6th 1997 by Bantam Spectra. It is a science fiction novel written by Michael A. Stackpole. Narration for the audio version was performed by Anthony Heald.
- ISBN 0553568043; February 6, 1997, Bantam Spectra, 349-page paperback
- ISBN 0553474251; February 6, 1997, Bantam Doubleday Dell Audio Publishing, Abridged cassette
- ISBN 0606119000; February 6, 1997, Sagebrush Corporation, Turtleback
- ISBN 3442248191; May 1998, Blanvalet, 413-page German paperback
- ISBN 0553409247; February 6, 1997, Transworld Publishers, 416-page UK paperback
- ISBN 0001054120; October 20, 1997, HarperCollins Publishers, UK abridged cassette
- ISBN 978-80-252-2442-7; 2013, EGMONT ČR, 384-page Czech paperback (X-Wing: Bactová válka)
While the Alliance fleet mounts a major campaign against a deadly warlord, Ysanne Isard has seized control of Thyferra, intending to use its precious supply of bacta to destabilize and destroy the New Republic. It falls to Rogue Squadron - undermanned, deprived of Alliance support and even weapons - to oppose Isard's dangerous designs, defeat her powerful complement of Star Destroyers, and free Thyferra from her iron rule. But when Isard discovers the Squadron's secret base, its ragtag group of pilots must scramble for survival in a winner-take-all battle against Isard's overwhelming and seemingly superior force.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Behind the scenesEdit
The cover of the novel is incorrect. In the book, there is no confrontation between Rogue Squadron and all of Ysanne Isard's Star Destroyers, and there were no Mon Calamari frigates that helped in the Bacta War. The cover also incorrectly shows the Lusankya as a Imperial Star Destroyer; as well, the X-wings are painted their normal colors, when in the story, each member of Rogue Squadron choses an individual paint job for their craft.
This is a gallery of the different cover variations of X-Wing: The Bacta War.