|The Cloak of the Sith|
|Imperial Period conflicts|
The region was hard to navigate, making Roon somewhat inaccessible; only two hyperspace routes were known to reach the planet. One, the Manda-Roon Merchant Route discovered by Mungo Baobab, was a challenge for seasoned astrogators and was demarcated by a series of "lightstation" nav beacons. The more secret Death Wind Corridor was a "back door" through the Cloak used by Twi'lek smugglers.
During the New Sith Wars, it was the core of the New Sith Empire ruled by the Brotherhood of Darkness. Following the final death of Palpatine, it was rumored that the Sith continued to exist and rebuild within the Cloak.
A female Force-sensitive Yuuzhan Vong operated within the Cloak of the Sith.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids—"Tail of the Roon Comets" (First appearance)
- Escape from the Monster Ship: A Droid Adventure (Adaptation of "Tail of the Roon Comets")
- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron (as expletive)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Unknown Regions