THE DEATH STAR HAS BEEN DESTROYED.
THE EMPIRE IS IN RUINS.
BUT THE DARK SIDE LIVES ON.
Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, and the Rebel Alliance have fought valiantly against the evil Galactic Empire. Together they have kept alive the hopes for freedom, and helped restore the ways of the Old Republic with its wise Senate and noble line of Jedi Knights. But now a new threat awaits the Alliance.
Within the evil Empire, the surviving Imperial warlords have been fighting among themselves for power. No one knows who will seize control, but the Prophets of the Dark Side have foretold that soon a new Emperor will arise, and on his right hand he shall wear an indestructible symbol of evil…
The Glove of Darth Vader.
After the destruction of the second Death Star and the death of the Emperor, the Empire is left without a true leader. The Supreme Prophet Kadann prophesied that the next leader of the Empire would wear the indestructible right-hand glove of Darth Vader, so Imperial senator Timothy Barclay sends Captain Dunwell to find the glove. The Rebel Alliance and the Senate Planetary Intelligence Network (SPIN), hoping to find information on the new emperor, send C-3PO and R2-D2 disguised to the planet Kessel. There they discover Grand Moff Hissa introducing Trioculus, who claims to be Palpatine's son, as the heir to the Empire. Although he manages to trick his followers by seemingly producing Force lightning, he demands that his advisors find the glove so he can cement his power. After much searching and no clues on the glove's whereabouts, Captain Dunwell, the head of the Whaladon Processing Center on Mon Calamari, contacts him to inform him that he has found the glove, deep in the oceans of Mon Calamari. By chance, Luke Skywalker and Admiral Ackbar, after picking up the droids from Kessel, bring them to Mon Calamari to download the information that R2-D2 found. Although the whaling ship is destroyed and Captain Dunwell killed, Luke is unable to stop Trioculus from obtaining the glove and becoming the new Emperor. As he parts ways with Luke, Trioculus swears he will destroy him.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- The planet Dac is referred to as Calamari in this story.
- In a scene involving a meeting of the Central Committee of Grand Moffs, Trioculus asks for recommendations on where they should establish a new Imperial city-seat. Each of the Moffs recommends a planet that was prominently featured in the original Star Wars trilogy. The recommendations included Bespin, Dagobah, Endor, Hoth, and Tatooine.
- In one part, Han says he made the Kessel Run in twelve "time parts". This wording echoes the A New Hope novelization, where Han said the Millennium Falcon "made the Kessel run in less than twelve standard timeparts." In contrast, the film version of the story has him saying "less than twelve parsecs."
- This novella contains a seven-page glossary detailing characters and items found within the story.
- This novella contains a two-page preview for the following book in the series, The Lost City of the Jedi.
- Anakin Skywalker's name is misspelled as Annakin Skywalker in this story.
Notes and referencesEdit
- The Glove of Darth Vader on Wikipedia