|The Great Heep|
- "That was my favorite episode. Ben [Burt] has a particular affection for me as C-3PO and has a natural empathy toward R2-D2."
- ―Anthony Daniels
The Great Heep is a one-hour animated television movie that serves as a prequel to the Mungo Baobab cycle of episodes of Star Wars: Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO. Written by Ben Burtt and directed by Clive A. Smith, the special originally aired on ABC on June 7, 1986.
When Mungo Baobab discovers a valuable fuel source on the distant planet of Biitu, the Galactic Empire dispatches a gigantic evil droid called the "Great Heep" to capture Mungo and take control of the planet. Arriving on Biitu to meet their new master, R2-D2 and C-3PO are shocked to find that the Great Heep has turned the planet into a wasteland and has handed Mungo over to the agents of the Empire. With the aid of a small boy named Fidge and his pet, Chubb, the Droids devise a daring scheme to free Mungo, defeat the forces of the Empire and liberate Biitu from the Great Heep—forever.
The Great Heep was originally set for release on December 13, 1985, but was rescheduled for June 7, 1986. It received the lowest ratings for that week, as well as the lowest ratings of a TV special for that season.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- "Sound Advice"—Star Wars Insider 26
- "A Star Wars CELibration"—Star Wars Insider 27
- "Scouting the Galaxy: Droids, Ewoks and the Mysterious Vlix (And the Truth about 4-LOM and Zuckuss!)"—Star Wars Insider 27
- Star Wars: Chronicles
- "Caravan of Courage: Star Wars on Television"—Star Wars Insider 32
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- The Cinema of George Lucas
Notes and referencesEdit