The Little Lost Bantha Cub was a children's story favored by Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo, usually presented by C-3PO. However, the children preferred the story when read by their father, Han Solo. However, the story is incorrect being that a young bantha would be referred to as a calf, not a cub.
- After the sandstorm that drove him from home, the little lost bantha cub wandered alone.
- So he walked, and he walked through the desert heat till noon, when he found a Jawa sandcrawler upon a sandy dune.
- "I am lost," said the bantha cub, "please help me find my herd," but the little Jawas shook their heads and gave their final word.
- So he walked, and he walked till he met a shiny droid. After being by himself so long the cub was overjoyed.
- "I am lost," said the bantha cub, "please help me find my herd." "I am not programmed to help you," said the droid, "Don't be absurd" .
- The droid kept walking straight ahead, not looking left or right; the bantha cub just watched until the droid went out of sight.
- So he walked, and he walked till the suns were almost setting. He had been outside so long, he couldn't help but sweating.
- But then on the other side of a cliff he saw a moisture farm,with a few moisture vaporators, sticking up like arms.
- "I am lost," said the bantha cub, "please help me find my herd." "Yes, you must be reunited with your family", the moisture farmer concurred.
- "However, I cannot help you find your way, for I am at my moisture farm and here I must stay" .
- So he slept, and he slept till it was early in the morning. He was woken by the bright suns, which rose without a single warning.
The cub's adventures continue with an encounter with a Krayt dragon.
- 'I will eat you,' purred the dragon, then he lunged with snapping jaws! So the bantha cub ran without the slightest pause.
The cub then finds a tribe of Sand people who reunite him with his parents and his herd.
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent (audio drama) (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Search (First mentioned)
- Dark Apprentice (First appearance)
- The New Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)