Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Meadow Picnic" is a theatrical motif written by John Williams for the score for the 2002 film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and its respective soundtrack. The theme is used to represent Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker and Senator Padmé Amidala's picnic on the planet Naboo. The motif was performed by the London Symphony Orchestra. The theme is in the key of C major, has a tempo of 50 bpm, and has a time signature of 6/8. In total, the piece lasts four minutes and fourteen seconds.
Conception and developmentEdit
John Williams wrote the musical score for the 2002 film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, as had been the case for the four previous Star Wars films. He used the London Symphony Orchestra and London Voices to perform the music. Only the orchestra was used for "The Meadow Picnic", the motif used to represent the romantic picnic Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala had on the planet of Naboo. The Attack of the Clones soundtrack was released on CD April 23, 2002 and as an MP3 download on May 16, 2002.
The motif starts off with slow, legato phrase by the violins, harp, and wind chimes, which is followed by a similar phrase played by the oboe. The flute then comes in with the theme's most prevalent melody. This is accented by short harp notes and chordal notes from the low strings. The melody is then repeated by the oboe. 
In the soundtracksEdit
The motif makes two appearances in the Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones soundtrack. It is first featured at the beginning of the sixth track "Anakin and Padmé". The theme's main appearance is in it's own self-titled number eight track.
In the moviesEdit
In other merchandiseEdit
The theme's sheet music appears in the Attack of the Clones music book from Bantha Music. The book was released for the following instruments and editions: trumpet, piano, easy piano, clarinet, tenor sax, and alto sax. It was also featured in the Star Wars Episodes I, II & III Instrumental Solos music book which was released for the following instruments and ensembles: piano and easy piano.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones soundtrack
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Amazon.com: Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones: London Symphony Orchestra John Williams: MP3 Downloads. Amazon.com (2011). Retrieved on February 13, 2011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Amazon.com: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: John Williams: Audio CD. Amazon.com (2011). Retrieved on February 18, 2011.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones music book
- ↑ See individual film cast lists.
- ↑ Star Wars Episodes I, II & III Instrumental Solos