- "What is the Force?"
- ―The opening line and summary question of the journal.
The Science of Creating Life was a scientific journal written by the Muun Sith Lord Darth Plagueis, documenting his experimentation and research concerning the Force as well as his musing on its true nature. The information contained in the journal revolutionized Sith understanding of the relationship between the Force and biological science.
- Influencing the Midi-chlorians
- Perpetual Life
- Concentrating the Force
- The Philosophy of Life
- New Explorations in the Force
- Transcending Death
- The Netherworld and Chaos
- Sith Spirits
- The Prophecy of the Chosen One
- The Culmination of the Sith'ari
Upon Plagueis's death at the hands of his apprentice, Darth Sidious, his possessions, including the journal, came to be owned by his former student and murderer, who collected them along with other Sith records into the Book of Sith. After Sidious died on Onderon in 11 ABY, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker acquired the book, recording, in turn, his own notes.
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side (First appearance)