|The Season Scepter|
| Episode chronology
"The Season Scepter" is the twenty-sixth episode of the Star Wars: Ewoks animated television series, and the thirteenth episode in season two. Written by Bob Carrau and directed by Raymond Jafelice, the episode originally aired on ABC on November 1, 1986.
- Doug Chamberlain as Logray
- Rick Cimino as Chirpa
- Alyson Court as Malani
- James Cranna as Teebo
- Denny Delk as Wicket Wystri Warrick
- Sue Murphy as Latara
- Jeanne Reynolds as Kneesaa a Jari Kintaka
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Behind the scenesEdit
- This episode makes several references to the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz:
- When the Ewoks are plotting how to sneak into the Snow Palace, a band of Ice Heads marches around outside chanting, "Snow-ee-o, snow-o," much in the same manner as the Wicked Witch of the West's troops in the older film.
- The Ewoks disguise themselves as Ice Heads and march in unnoticed. Dorothy and company pull a similar stunt in The Wizard of Oz.
- Later, the Season Scepter melts the Duchess of Sleet, leading her to exclaim, "I'm melting!" in the same manner as the Wicked Witch from Oz.
- As the melted duchess runs across the floor, a few notes from the Wicked Witch of the West's theme play.
- Finally, the Snow King begins the episode as a crotchety and cold-hearted monarch. At the end of the episode, his heart literally melts, and he grants the Ewoks their wish (to return Endor to summer). This is similar to the Wizard of Oz in the 1939 film.
- A TV commercial for The Ewoks and the Magic Sunberries aired during the premiere or this episode on November 1, 1986.
Notes and referencesEdit