|The Star Wars Vault|
13.5 x 11.5 x 1.7 inches
The Star Wars Vault, subtlited Thirty Years of Treasures From the Lucasfilm Archives, is a 2007 reference book written by Steve Sansweet and Pete Vilmur. It contains a variety of elements replicated from the Lucasfilm Archives which explore the Star Wars phenomenon. According to StarWars.com, the book contains:
- 50 interactive, rare and some never-before-published memorabilia, including reproductions of Lucas's own handwritten script pages, flip-through catalogs, swag, posters, T-shirt transfers, tattoos, stickers, blueprints, production notes, animation cells and much more!
- Hundreds of photos and pieces of artwork.
- 2 CDs containing over 2 hours of vintage radio ads, original cast interviews, excerpts from the NPR Star Wars radio drama, the complete Star Tours soundtrack, George Lucas's commentary and other tracks that tell the story of everyone's favorite galaxy battle as never before.
The book was published in the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands and the Czech Republic.
Star Wars: An Audio RetrospectiveEdit
- 1977: Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Alec Guinness talk to the media about Star Wars.
- 1977: "Don't be alarmed. It's only a movie!" Initial radio spots strike an awkward note.
- 1978: Serialized story commercials hook listeners by recounting our heroes' adventures.
- 1979: "Star Wars is Back!" Radio ads reach out to excite fans about the film's re-release.
- 2002: George Lucas discusses Star Wars as a silent movie.
- 2002: Composer John Williams discusses his groundbreaking score.
- 1978: Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia sings her heart out in the Star Wars Holiday Special.
- 1981: Excerpt from a "Making of" documentary about NPR's Star Wars radio drama.
- 1981: Excerpt from the Star Wars NPR radio drama.
- 1987: The Star Tours Adventure pre-show and ride soundtrack.
- 1997: Excerpt from "Magic of Myth" Audio Tour, narrated by James Earl Jones for a Smithsonian Institution exhibit.
- 2005: George Lucas answers questions at Star Wars Celebration III.
- 2002: Samuel L. Jackson talks about Attack of the Clones.
- 2002: Hayden Christensen talks about Attack of the Clones.
- 2005: George Lucas talks about Revenge of the Sith
The Star Wars Portfolio is an interactive joyride for millions of fans worldwide who will help celebrate next year's 30th anniversary of the film that started it all. Created with the full cooperation of Lucasfilm, and authored by Steve Sansweet, Star Wars collector and writer and head of Lucasfilm's fan relations.
The Star Wars Portfolio will cover all six movies, the behind-the-scenes stories, and the related merchandising program that made Star Wars and its characters household names. Reproductions of actual items will be complemented by striking photos and art. The lively accompanying text will spin anecdotes that tie the objects and photos to the making of the biggest entertainment phenomenon of our time. The book will feature 50 to 60 interactive pieces of memorabilia, most never before seen, and will be packaged with a CD with original promotions, advertisements, and sound effects. Among the book's interactive objects: handwritten script pages from Lucas; artists early sketches of characters; slides for very early special effects; and invitation to drinks with Sir Alec Guinness (Obi-Wan Kenobi) on the completion of principal photography; Official Star Wars Fan Club memorabilia; theatrical handbills now worth hundreds of dollars; Royal Premiere memorabilia…and so much more.