|"The Tree of Light"|
"The Tree of Light" is the sixth episode in the Star Wars: Ewoks animated television series, and the sixth episode in season one. Written by Bob Carrau and directed by Raymond Jafelice, the episode originally aired on ABC on October 12, 1985.
- George Buza as Chirpa
- Doug Chamberlain as Logray
- Paul Chato as Paploo
- Richard Donat as Deej Warrick
- Don Francks as Umwak
- Dan Hennessey as Gorneesh
- Jim Henshaw as Wicket Wystri Warrick
- Nonnie Griffin as Shodu Warrick
- Taborah Johnson as Latara
- Hadley Kay as Umwak's nephew
- Eric Peterson as Teebo
- John Stocker as Widdle Warrick
- Cree Summer as Kneesaa a Jari Kintaka
- Greg Swanson as Weechee Warrick
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Behind the scenesEdit
- This episode was released on two separate VHS releases by j2 communications. It was released on a tape by itself, and on "Ewoks Volume 1" along with the episode "The Cries of the Trees".
- It was also released by CBS-FOX on a VHS entitled "Ewoks 3: Wicket the Hero". The VHS also included several other episodes.
- This episode briefly deals with the controversial topics of gender roles and tradition. Princess Kneesaa asks to be the one to feed the Tree of Light, but her father Chief Chirpa says that only male Ewoks have done so in the past. When Kneesaa pleads for the tradition to be changed, Chirpa refuses.