|Points of interest|
The Works was the name of a large industrial area of Coruscant. The area was located in the Dacho District, which was close to the Senate District and next to the Fobosi District. It was an immense manufacturing center for many companies, who would later abandon the planet for cheap labor and off-world facilities. Prospective urban developers released stone mites, duracrete slugs, and conduit worms into The Works, in an attempt to clear the area out so it could be purchased and refurbished.
Towards the end of the Clone Wars, Republic Intelligence working with the Jedi Order traced the Separatists back to the LiMerge Power building, a large tower in the center of The Works. It was soon verified that Count Dooku and possibly even the elusive Darth Sidious himself had used this location until recent times.
Traveling through a twenty-square-kilometer area of The Works called the Grungeon Block, which had once housed production centers for Serv-O-Droid, Inc., Hunvicko, and Nebula Manufacturing, Mace Windu led a team in search of Darth Sidious, rumored to be manipulating the Galactic Senate and leading the Separatist movement from the Republic capital world itself.
Count Dooku spent much of his time in The Works mastering the teachings of the Sith. Even Darth Maul was possibly trained in The Works. The area around the LiMerge Power building was littered with a small number of destroyed combat droids, all bisected with a lightsaber.
By this time The Works was an area to be avoided by most of the population, due to its usual inhabitants of smugglers, squatters, death stick runners, malfunctioning droids, gangsters, undocumented refugees, and Cthons. The majority of The Works' structures were in a severe state of decay, and had been abandoned for centuries. Despite this, many of the facilities were self-powered and continued to produce toxic waste and eerie mechanical sounds across the low-lying factories for a long time after the departure of the owners.
The same area was later used by the Galactic Empire as a manufacturing center for Sienar Fleet Systems TIE Fighters, producing hundreds of starfighters per day. Towards the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War, Galactic Alliance underground forces used this area as a staging ground for the eventual retaking of Coruscant.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Works resembles a location in the Coruscant scenes in the alternate dark side ending of Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. Note, however, that in Jedi Knight the Imperial Palace appears instead of the LiMerge Power building.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
- Millennium Falcon
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel
- Star Wars: Republic 63: Striking from the Shadows
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: Crisis on Coruscant
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novelization (Mentioned only)
- Shadows of a Black Sun
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 35
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- The Essential Reader's Companion