|Chronological and political information|
The University of Theed was constructed sometime after the city's founding circa 832 BBY. Located near the Royal Palace, the university served the citizens of Theed for decades, producing well-educated individuals to work as politicians, legislators, lawyers and many other fulfilling careers.
The future Galactic Emperor and Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious, known then as Palpatine, attended the university. Palpatine would have been expelled from the institution following a string of brushes with the law, were it not for his father's intervention. It was at the campus of Theed University, in the small square outside the library of the Legislative Youth Program headquarters building, that Palpatine met his Sith mentor, Darth Plagueis, c. 65 BBY.
- Darth Plagueis (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (Mentioned only in a deleted scene)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones novel (First mentioned)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Episode I
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 90 (NAB 5-6, Ruwee Naberrie)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 139 (LUF 2, Lufta Shif)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations