- "Because he's holding a thermal detonator!"
- ―C-3PO, translating for Leia Organa, disguised as a bounty hunter
Thermal detonators were palm-sized, spherical devices that were used as extremely deadly explosive weapons. In addition to being surprisingly powerful for their size, they could only be turned off by whoever turned them on. And they would go off only when they were activated, therefore they were very resistant and secure when carrying them.
The Duros bounty hunter Cad Bane carried thermal detonators, and often used them during assignments. During the Galactic Civil War, Princess Leia Organa, disguised as a bounty hunter, threatened the crime lord Jabba the Hutt with a detonator in order to negotiate a deal.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines