Thermite was a material usually used in conjunction with axidite to make the shell casing of thermal detonators. It was also found in the explosive cores of certain types of grenades. It is a substance that takes the form of black sand that, while not actually explosive, when fire is applied, can burn to tempuratures of up to 2500 degrees centigrade.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter
- Han Solo at Stars' End comic
- Fair Prey"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- "Small Favors"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12
- Under a Black Sun
- "A Hot Time in the Cold Town Tonite!"—Star Wars Tales 6
- Galaxy Guide 11: Criminal Organizations
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 4 (THE2, Thermal Detonators)
- "Who's Who in the Max Rebo Band"—Star Wars Insider 67
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook