Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The thinsuit, sometimes known as Karflo Corporation thinsuit or Karflo's Thinsuit, was a light body armor that protected users against hostile environments including radiation, chemicals, pressure, temperature and vacuum, although it did not provide air. It was ineffective against direct attacks such as blaster bolts, but a thinsuit was so thin than a user could don a second armor over it.
Through the years, thinsuits were used by professional scouts; by the Cularin Militia during the Clone Wars; and by the Alliance Special Forces during the Galactic Civil War, particularly Wilderness Fighters and the elite teams expert in fighting aboard starships.
The thinsuit was a one-kilogram outfit made of a very isolating, very thin material. It conformed tightly to the body of the wearer, being so snug that the wearer could don a second armor over the thinsuit. The thinsuit covered—and protected—all of the wearer's body except for the face. However, the thinsuit was provided with a face-covering breath mask featuring an extended filter that purified external atmosphere for six hours or provided one hour of internal air before running out. The suit also had easily-reachable storage pockets containing five more filters.
The thinsuit was designed to protect the wearer from hostile environments. While it was useless against direct attacks such as blaster bolts, it provided isolation against limited exposure to radiation or to hostile chemicals in the atmosphere withstanding up to eighteen hours against most kinds of hostile atmosphere. It also protected against extreme pressure and temperatures from -30 to 100 standard degrees. The thinsuit included an environmental system of small heaters and coolers that kept the wearer comfortable in these situations.
The thinsuit endured puncturing, tearing and slashing. As it was also isolated against vacuum, it could be used as an emergency space suit. In that case, it provided heat and protection to the wearer for one hour, but it did not provide a means for the wearer to breathe.
The thinsuit, developed by Karflo Corporation, was available for 900 during the last years of the Galactic Republic. The suit was alternatively known as Karflo Corporation Thinsuit, Karflo's thinsuit or simply thinsuit.
During the Clone Wars, the Republic-aligned Cularin Militia stored several thinsuits among its arsenal of military gear, in preparation for an open conflict against its neighbor, the Thaereian system, which had joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems. In 22 BBY, the heroes of Cularin helped the Militia in a mission in the Ando system. In gratitude, the Militia offered the heroes some of their thinsuits, or any other item in their depot.
During the later Galactic Civil War, thinsuits were worn by professional scouts, as these items were useful in their activities. The Alliance Special Forces, elite soldiers of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, also used thinsuits. Members of its 1st Regiment, experts in fighting aboard starships, found the armor very useful. Its 4th Regiment, the Wilderness Fighters, also enjoyed the isolation provided by the thinsuits.
Behind the scenesEdit
The thinsuit was first mentioned in Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts (1993), a supplement to West End Games's Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game written by Bill Olmesdahl and Bill Smith. The thinsuit was first depicted in an image by Storn Cook for Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook (1997).
- Decision: Almas (First appearance)
- Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts (First mentioned)
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Arms & Equipment Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Arms & Equipment Guide, The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook, Arms & Equipment Guide and The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook, The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts, Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook, Arms & Equipment Guide and The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts, Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook
- ↑ The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook, Arms & Equipment Guide
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts, The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ Decision: Almas