The Third Guard was an Elite Praetorian Guard who served as a personal guard of Supreme Leader Snoke, leader of the First Order. While serving the Supreme Leader, the Third Guard used a Bilari electro-chain whip. The guard was killed on board the Supremacy when Kylo Ren, Snoke's apprentice, betrayed the Supreme Leader with the help of Rey, another Force-sensitive individual. Together they defeated and killed all of the Elite Praetorian Guards in the throne room.
The Third Guard was a guardsman of Supreme Leader Snoke's Elite Praetorian Guard. The guard was present to see Snoke speak with Kylo Ren on his failures. When Kylo responded aggressively, the guards assumed combat stances. The Guards stood silently as Kylo Ren entered the throne room with the former scavenger and Force-sensitive Rey. When Kylo betrayed and killed Snoke, the Praetorian Guards attacked Ren and Rey, ready to avenge their leader. One of the guards used his whip to pull Rey closer to him so he could choke her but she escaped and stabbed him in the back, while Ren beheaded the other.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Third Guard)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary