A skirmish occurred in deep space in the Outer Rim in the year 25 ABY. The New Republic's Rogue Squadron had earlier captured the privateer Urias Xhaxin, who himself had tangled with the coralskippers of the Yuuzhan Vong, a mysterious alien threat lurking in the Outer Rim. After pumping Xhaxin for information, Admiral Traest Kre'fey of the New Republic Defense Fleet had dispatched a probe droid to the site of Xhaxin's battle, but when the data proved inconclusive, he sent a T-65BR X-wing reconnaissance starfighter designated "Snoop" so that a sentient could collect and analyze data.
Rogue Squadron escorted the reconnaissance fighter, and after arriving at the location, they engaged a group of waiting coralskippers. Having spent time running simulations against the fighters, the Rogues used innovative techniques to overcome the coralskippers' dovin basals, which manipulated gravity to give them the edge in combat. The Rogues destroyed all of their opponents but lost Rogues Eleven and Twelve, Dinger and Tik. The first field test of the New Republic's anti-coralskipper strategies proved to be critical as the Yuuzhan Vong War proceeded.
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (First appearance)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Dinger") (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the start of the Yuuzhan Vong War in 60:5, and The New Jedi Order Sourcebook places the events of The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught two months after The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime.