Thisspias joined the fledgling Galactic Republic and remained a member until the Republic's fall.
These Blood Monarchs included Oppo Rancisis's mother and sister. When the latter was assassinated in the alcazar of Ramatesh, Rancisis refused the crown, which was taken by a male. This new Blood Monarch was defeated in personal combat by Rancisis, whom thus ensured the Thisspiasians loyalty to and assistance of the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars.
The Galactic Empire bombarded the planet and established an Imperial Governor, who killed the Blood Monarch and imprisoned the crown prince, subduing a local rebellion thereafter. The Rebel Alliance eventually freed the prince; for letting this happen, the Imperial Governor was assassinated by an Emperor's Hand. Thisspias was quarantined by the Empire until liberated by the New Republic after the Battle of Endor. The crown prince returned to his homeworld, but only managed to retake his throne after a brief civil war. Even after his victory, much of the populace viewed the monarchy as decadent and outdated.
Thisspias was also home to swarms of biting cygnat creatures.
- Star Wars Episode I Who's Who: A Pocket Guide to the Characters of The Phantom Menace
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- "Who's Who in the Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 62
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook