Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thrawn's confederation, sometimes referred as Thrawn's Empire, was an Imperial faction created by Grand Admiral Thrawn in 8 ABY in order to restore the Galactic Empire. This confederacy reunited the remnants of the Galactic Empire and several independent Imperial factions, including warlords.
- "The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor. … The Emperor may be dead, but the Empire lives on!"
- ―Ardus Kaine
- Pentastar Alignment: ruled by Grand Moff Ardus Kaine
- Ciutric Hegemony: ruled by Prince-Admiral Delak Krennel
- Corellian sector: ruled by Diktat Daclif Gallamby
- Oplovis sector: ruled by Fleet Admiral Gaen Drommel
- Antemeridian sector: ruled by Moff Getelles
In 8 ABY, four years after the Battle of Endor, Grand Admiral Thrawn finally returned from the Unknown Regions to the Empire. Thrawn formed his personal armada of six Imperial-class Star Destroyers and gathered other Imperial warships. With this fleet, he launched a series of successful raids against pirate nests and the border regions of the New Republic.
By demonstrating his tactical and strategic genius, he impressed Empire's Moffs and earned the support of many Imperial officers and the powerful D'Asta family. He was quickly given by the Imperial Ruling Council the official control of the Imperial armed forces, making him Supreme Commander of the Empire.
Fearing coups, Grand Moff Ardus Kaine and Prince-Admiral Delak Krennel agreed to give Thrawn command of a temporary military confederation. To keep this unity, Thrawn never acknowledged that this empire was a single political entity and let all the Imperial leaders and warlords rule their territory in their own way.
After Grand Admiral Thrawn's death in 9 ABY, the Imperial leaders dispersed and returned to their personal empires. The Imperial Ruling Council retook the control of the Empire, more extended than ever.
Despite this failure, many Imperial officers began to think that a unified and victorious Empire was possible. This would happen next year with the return of Emperor Palpatine and later in 12 ABY with the Imperial Reunification.
During his campaign, Thrawn used exclusively the remnants forces of the Empire. The other factions of the confederation supported the Grand Admiral almost only financially.
- Imperial Space : this include all Thrawn's conquests in his final campaign.
- Pentastar Alignment territory
- Ciutric Hegemony territory
- Corellian sector
- Oplovis sector
- Antemeridian sector
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 102 (CAA1, Caamas Document)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Thrawn's confederation)