- "I'm sure I have some information that will help you. Why don't we sit down here and talk it over?"
Both Thuku and Neesh were veterans of the Rodian Clan Wars perpetuated by the warlord known as Navik the Red. As such, they were always looking to assassinate members from the rival Tetsu Clan. Neesh and Thuku hired an assassin named Spurch "Warhog" Goa to kill a young Tetsu mercenary named Greedo. Spurch had developed a relationship with Greedo and had helped the young Rodian develop his skills as a potential bounty hunter. Secretly, Spurch despised Rodians and took great joy in manipulating Greedo into going after the Corellian smuggler, Han Solo. Spurch knew that Solo would kill Greedo and he was able to successfully honor his commitment to Thuku without firing a single shot himself. Thuku and Neesh paid Spurch with a chest full of Rodian coinage, claiming that they would have killed Greedo themselves, but they did not want it to become common knowledge that they were hunting their own kind.
Sometime after the battle of Talus, Thuku was approached in Chalmun's Cantina by a Rebel Alliance agent looking for information about captured Emperor's Most Wanted, individuals from a list of bounties on high-paid Alliance members. After several round of drinks, Thuku gave signal to his thugs and other tables to take down the Rebel. Despite Wuher's protest, the thugs armed themselves and soon the room fell into chaos. As the firefight progressed, the Rebel managed to pick Thuku's associates one by one, the remaining ones choose to flee, and Thuku had no choice but to surrender. Even though he had no information about the location of the captured Rebels, he revealed that Dengar had scored a bounty in Mos Eisley, which he took to Naboo, providing the Rebel operative with a lead.
Behind the scenesEdit
Thuku was created for the short story A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale, and later identified as the Rodian seen walking outside of the Chalmun's Cantina, shortly after the death of Greedo in A New Hope.
In the Rodian tongue, Thuku's name means stoic. The name is considered common and hearkens to a historical lineage of the Chattza people.
Although Thuku was a male character, a female extra named Diana Sadley Way played the character in A New Hope.
- A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale
- A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale webstrip
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Retcon)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Light Side scenario campaign)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Greedo)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Rodian) (Thuku first identified as the Rodian from A New Hope)
- Galactic Campaign Guide
- "Refresher Reading"—Star Wars Insider 91
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Card: Thuku)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Card: Thuku, Sycophant)
- "Rogues Gallery: The Unusual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Insider 130