Thul Fain was a Human male who served as a pilot in the Galactic Empire and worked alongside Lieutenant Tanbris prior to the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY. Fain left Imperial service by the year 4 ABY and worked as a smuggler for the crime lord Jabba the Hutt. During his time at the Hutt's palace on the planet Tatooine, Fain was also a gambler and enjoyed betting on how long the victims of Jabba's rancor would last. In 4 ABY, Fain was in Jabba's Palace when Rebel Alliance leader Leia Organa arrived with the intent to rescue her ally, smuggler Han Solo, from his imprisonment there.
The Human male Thul Fain lived during the Galactic Civil War, a conflict between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic. At some point prior to the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, Fain was an Imperial pilot, and he worked alongside Lieutenant Tanbris. By the year 4 ABY, Fain left Imperial service and became a smuggler working for the crime lord Jabba the Hutt, who operated out of a palace on the planet Tatooine. While working for Jabba, Fain was also a gambler who liked betting on how long victims whom the Hutt threw into the pit of his rancor would last. At some point around that time, Fain was a passenger aboard the Hutt's luxury sail barge, Khetanna.
In 4 ABY, Alliance leader Leia Organa, disguised as the bounty hunter Boushh, arrived at the palace with the Wookiee Chewbacca, intending to rescue her ally, smuggler Han Solo, from Jabba's clutches. When night fell, Fain was among those sleeping in the Hutt's audience chamber when Organa freed Solo and attempted to escape with him before both were caught and imprisoned.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Thul Fain first appeared in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi as an uncredited extra in the scenes taking place in Jabba's Palace. He was first named in the 1998 Jabba's Palace Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Thul Fain) (First identified as Thul Fain)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Thul Fain)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 216 ("Tanbris, Lieutenant") reveals that Tanbris was killed during the Battle of Yavin, which occurred in 0 BBY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 130 ("Jabba the Hutt (Jabba Desilijic Tiure)")
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 251 ("Fain, Thul")