- "Yeah, a tibanna gas mine. Lando conned somebody out of it."
- ―Han Solo
Tibanna was a gas found in the upper atmosphere of Bespin, a gas giant. It was used in many weapons and hyperdrives, which made it a valuable resource. The metropolis of Cloud City, which floated high above the gaseous surface of Bespin, was a mining colony where Tibanna was harvested and processed for export. After the Galactic Empire suffered a major defeat at Endor, Governor Adelhard ordered the lockdown of the Anoat sector, where Bespin was located. With the blockade, Cloud City became the only place where Tibanna could be found, and the demand for that gas rose dramatically. Consequently, the Trade Spine League made money on transporting Tibanna to various worlds in the Anoat sector. The Galactic Empire, however, intended to take Cloud City in order to cut off the sector's population of their much-needed Tibanna supplies.
- Lost Stars (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)
- Before the Awakening (Mentioned only)
- "Classic Moment: Lando's Second Surprise"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know