Tibanna gas platforms were large floating structures that were used to extract tibanna gas.
Tibanna gas stations could be found on different gas giants, like Bespin, Kaer, Kril'Dor and Ord Ibanna. Many guilds such as the Tibanna Gas Miners or Tibanna Gas For the Poor and Rebellion Tibanners used these platforms to help produce tibanna gas. A variation of the technology was used on other planets such as Tocolya, Kirdo III, and Kiffex to gather moisture.[source?]Rogue Squadron raided the Galactic Empire's platforms on Taloraan several months after the Battle of Yavin.
Following the confrontation at Bespin's Cloud City between Darth Vader, Han Solo and Leia Organa, Imperial forces remained on the planet and had a garrison of starfighters watch over the platforms' mining operations. Rebel troopers fought against stormtroopers for control of a platform during a battle on Bespin. The Rebel Alliance also raided the platforms to steal tibanna supplies. Rogue Squadron was assigned to destroy an Imperial research base on Destrillion, but instead found a gas platform guarded by TIE Hunters.
Behind the scenesEdit
Tibanna gas platforms first appeared in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. They have appeared on various planets in various sources.
- The Bounty Hunters: Aurra Sing
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Jedi: Count Dooku
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Star Wars: Legacy 37: Tatooine, Part 1
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide