Twin Ion Engine starfighter
- "You always hear them first. Twin ion engines make TIE fighters howl as they fly by on patrols."
- ―Ezra Bridger
During the reign of the Empire, TIE fighters were favored for their versatility, if not for their durability. They were able to operate both in space as well as in planetary atmospheres, acting as fighters or scouts.
One great advantage of the TIE fighter was the fact that it was not simply limited to linear flight, like other fighters of its time. On occasion the fighters demonstrated ability to hover in place and even fly completely sideways, adding to the usefulness of the fighter as a scout vehicle. TIE fighters were equipped with some form of life support system, allowing individuals to pilot the crafts without the need for protective gear.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars Rebels
- "Hera: A New Breed of Hero"—Star Wars Insider 151
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- "Rebel Rouser"—Star Wars Insider 152
- "A Trip to the Light Side"—Star Wars Insider 152 (Picture only)
- "The Making of A New Dawn"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- (Set: 75106 Imperial Assault Carrier)
Notes and referencesEdit
- TIE fighter on Wikipedia