The Tierfon Yellow Aces were a starfighter squadron in the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Based at the Tierfon launch base, many of its pilots, such as Lieutenant Zal Dinnes, Jek Tono Porkins, and Captain Dosmit Ræh flew T-65B X-wing starfighters. Eventually, encroaching Imperial patrols necessitated the scuttling of the base and the break-up of the squadron, with its members being reallocated to other outposts; four pilots (Dinnes, Porkins, Vangos Grek, and Robich Duggsin) would be sent to Base One on Yavin 4. However, former members of the squadron would retain its insignia on their flight helmets well into their service with other flight groups.
At some point after the end of the Galactic Civil War, Rey, a scavenger on the desert planet Jakku, salvaged Ræh's flight helmet with the Tierfon symbol. Jessika "Testor" Pava, a pilot in the Resistance, wore a helmet that also bore the sigil of the Yellow Aces.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Emblem only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Emblem only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (Emblem only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Tierfon Yellow Aces)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide