Tikkes was a male Quarren senator who represented his homeworld Mon Calamari in the Galactic Republic's Senate around the time of the Invasion of Naboo. During the Separatist Crisis he defected to the Confederacy of Independent Systems, being replaced in the Republic Senate by the Quarren loyalist Tundra Dowmeia. At the end of the Clone Wars, Tikkes and the rest of the Separatist Council were slaughtered by Darth Vader on the volcanic Outer Rim world Mustafar.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the rough draft of the script of Attack of the Clones, Tikkes' name was Tessek. During production of Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith the same costume was used for both Tikkes and the Republic Senator Tundra Dowmeia.
Plans for The Clone WarsEdit
- "It was actually an active decision by our little writing council to not use him in these episodes because we felt by not using him, we would be interfering less with continuity than if we used him in the story."
- ―Supervising Director Dave Filoni, on choosing to implement Nossor Ri instead of Tikkes in The Clone Wars: Season Four
On May 30, 2012, Supervising Director Dave Filoni posted an update about Tikkes on his official Facebook account. This post was in response to a fan question in a chat on EW.com during the Season Four finale episode "Revenge". The post details why Tikkes didn't fit and was removed from the final scripts for the Mon Calamari arc of episodes.
In March 2014, Filoni posted an entry on the Official Star Wars Blog that was meant to show gratitude to the fans for supporting the series before its cancellation. The entry featured sketches by Filoni himself that were meant for the unproduced seventh season of the show and were drawn during one of the last The Clone Wars writer's conferences. One of the drawings featured several of the show's heroes meeting with a group of Quarren in an unknown city above water. Filoni wrote a caption "Meeting with Tikkes on Quarren City" under the sketch.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith