Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "There's no war here, unless you brought it with you."
- ―Tion Medon
Tion Medon was a male Pau'an and the Port Administrator of Pau City. A gaunt, gray-skinned humanoid, Tion Medon wore elaborate red robes and carried an ornate staff of office. He assisted Obi-Wan Kenobi during the late Clone Wars.
- "Greetings, young Jedi. What brings you to our remote sanctuary?"
- ―Tion Medon to Obi-Wan Kenobi
A member of the tall, thin Pau'an species, Tion Medon had an unsettling appearance to some, with glassy, sunken black eyes and a mouth of crooked teeth. However, appearances were deceptive, as Tion Medon was an accommodating, helpful being. As Port Administrator of his sinkhole sanctuary on Utapau, Tion welcomed guests to his city, offering them his services.
Longevity came naturally to the Pau'ans, and Tion Medon had been Master of Port Administration for Pau City for more than 200-standard years by the time of the Clone Wars. Tion was a descendant of Timon Medon, who was credited with unifying Utapau. Like all Pau'ans, Tion preferred darkness to sunlight, and raw meat to cooked.
In the final weeks of the Clone Wars, Tion Medon was forced to accommodate General Grievous and his associates in his sanctuary. Grievous threatened to destroy Medon's city if he did not assist, or if he were to bring in aid from the Galactic Republic. Medon had no choice but to allow the Separatists to use his sanctuary as their base of operations.
Fortunately for the Administrator, help arrived of its own accord, in the form of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Despite General Grievous's threats, Tion Medon welcomed Kenobi to the spaceport, and discreetly divulged helpful information pertaining to the Separatist presence on Utapau. Kenobi, sent by the Jedi Council to track down General Grievous, was able to seek and destroy the Separatist Supreme Commander with Tion Medon's help.
Behind the scenesEdit
Tion Medon was played by Bruce Spence.
Initially, it was undecided how Medon was to be realized on the screen -- whether a practical makeup effect or a computer-generated character. In the end, the Utapauns were created using both methods, but Medon was designed to be a flesh-and-blood performer wearing makeup.
Medon had an additional scene in the script, in which an IG-100 MagnaGuard questions him about the presence of Obi-Wan Kenobi. This scene was ultimately left out of the final cut, but Medon's line, "He didn't say," originally a response to the droid, is directed at Lampay Fay in the film.
- Reversal of Fortune (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles: Race for the Holocrons (Non-canonical appearance)
- Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Insider 77
- You Can Draw: Star Wars
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Lampay Fay)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Tion Medon)