In 20 BBY, Tiplar was teamed with her sister Tiplee and their fellow Jedi Anakin Skywalker to conquer a Separatist space station located in orbit around the planet Ringo Vinda. During the battle that ensued, she noticed clone trooper CT-5385, nicknamed "Tup", approaching her and, assuming that he was coming to reinforce her, was stunned when he pointed his blaster at her and shot her at point-blank range, killing her instantly. Tiplee noticed this occurrence and ran to Tiplar, but she was already dead. Following her death, Skywalker sent Tup back to Kamino, where the clone troopers were created, to find the reasons behind his apparent malfunction.
The circumstances of Tiplar's murder were revealed to be a conspiracy by the Supreme Chancellor himself to use the clone troopers in a plot to murder the Jedi, a directive which was programmed into them via an inhibitor chip in their brains. Tup's chip malfunctioned, causing him to murder Tiplar preemptively. Fellow trooper CT-5555, or "Fives," attempted to prove this, but thanks to the Chancellor's manipulations, the secret died with him.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown" (First appearance) (First identified as Tiplar)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny" (Vision to Yoda)
- (First mentioned)
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 148 (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 52 (20 BBY 55–56, Battle of Ringo Vinda)