- "Well, we probably shouldn't drink too much of this since we've all got homework to do. But we should make a toast, at least. Here's to a successful first mission—and many more thereafter!"
- ―Iden Versio
A toast was a cultural ritual involving alcohol. The ritual was a sign of appreciation or respect for an individual or event. Those participating in the event could clink their glasses together, or in a large crowd might simply raise them in the air.
Early in the Clone Wars, the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker made a deal with the Ohnaka Gang that they hoped would lead to the Galactic Republic's capture of the Separatist political leader, Count Dooku. Hondo Ohnaka held a banquet, supposedly in honor of the successful transaction, and offered a toast, but the event was a sham. Kenobi and Skywalkers' drinks were drugged, but the two detected the ruse and switched the drinks. As the pirates passed out around them, Skywalker offered his own toast to the unexpected opportunity that the pirates had unwittingly provided them.
During a celebration of Empire Day on Lothal a group was gathered at Old Jho's Pit Stop, a local cantina, when an Imperial TIE fighter pilot ordered that the broadcast of the HoloNet News should be played, according to Imperial law. On the broadcast, reporter Alton Kastle described how Emperor Sheev Palpatine had ended the Clone Wars and founded the glorious Empire. The pilot then shouted for everyone to raise their glasses in honor of the Emperor, but few joined the toast, as the Empire and its policies, and by extension the Emperor, were unpopular with the group.
- Jedi of the Republic—Mace Windu, Part I
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders"
- "The Voice of the Empire"—Star Wars Insider 170
- "TK-462"—Star Wars Insider 166 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- Ezra's Duel with Danger
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Visions and Voices"
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- Aftermath: Empire's End