- "Shoota' them up real good!"
- ―General Ceel
Ceel answered to Boss Rugor Nass and begrudgingly accepted the order to promote Jar Jar Binks to his council of officers. Hoping to keep Binks from harming their chances of victory, Ceel gave him no real responsibilities.
Before the battle, Ceel and his command staff devised a holding action to distract the Trade Federation's droid army while Queen Padmé Amidala and her Naboo forces infiltrated Theed. Ceel commanded a large number of militiagungs during the battle. After the Gungan army was forced into retreat, Ceel was unable to regroup his forces. He was saved by Bravo Squadron's destruction of the Droid Control Ship.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (Codex entry)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace Scrapbook
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 11 (GUN1, Gungan Weapons)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 47 (GUN5, Gungan Energy Shield)
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: General Ceel (★)) (First pictured)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: General Ceel (★★★))