- "This is Toluz Cheq in the Rial Kroon system. My Padawan is dead, my fleet is destroyed, and I have no means of escape. This is my final report."
- ―Toluz Cheq
Toluz Cheq was a male Rodian Jedi Master of the Jedi Order who served the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars, commanding a fleet of Venator-class Star Destroyers. Although considered to be one of the Jedi Order's best pilots, Cheq still found himself outmatched in a space battle in the Rial Kroon system, where he was pursued and eventually brought down by Confederate Vulture droids of a new design. Cheq's Padawan was also killed during the battle. However, before his death, Cheq managed to transmit valuable data on the new Confederate starfighters to the Jedi Temple.
- "Our ships are no match for their speed. We must—"
- ―Master Cheq's last words
Toluz Cheq was a male Rodian Jedi Master who lived during the waning years of the Galactic Republic. Cheq was an exceptional pilot, and at some point in his life, he went through flight training with Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. During the Clone Wars, Cheq had a Padawan and commanded a fleet of Venator-class Star Destroyers. In 22 BBY, Cheq's fleet was attacked in the Rial Kroon system by Confederate Vulture droid starfighters of an unusual design. Cheq himself engaged the enemy in a Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor, managing to gather some data on the Vultures during the fight. Cheq's forces, however, proved to be no match for the new Confederate starfighters, which greatly excelled them in speed.
The entire Republic fleet was soon decimated, and Cheq's Padawan was killed. Realizing that he would not be able to escape, Cheq ordered his R3 unit to establish a holographic connection with the Jedi Temple on the galactic capital of Coruscant. Cheq managed to inform the Jedi Order of his predicament and transmitted the data on the Vulture droids before his starfighter was destroyed by enemy fire, killing him. Analyzing Cheq's data, the Jedi found out that the new Vulture droids were outfitted with advanced engines manufactured by the people of the planet Valahari. Hoping to persuade the planet's royal house to stop selling the engines to the Confederacy, Skywalker and Master Obi-Wan Kenobi went to Valahari on a diplomatic mission.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Cheq was a very talented pilot, considered one of the best among the Jedi. However, his flying skills were not good enough to defeat the new Vulture droids or allow the Jedi Master to escape from them.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Clone Wars 10: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 1 (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (22 BBY 1–2, The Second Battle of Geonosis) dates "Landing at Point Rain" to 22 BBY. Since Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded places the events of Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Hero of the Confederacy prior to "Landing at Point Rain," it can be concluded that Hero of the Confederacy also takes place in 22 BBY.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 The Clone Wars 10: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 1