Tookas, also called tooka-cats were a subspecies of feline cats. They were often kept as pets, but were also considered by many to be feral nuisances. When properly trained, they could be excellent hunters of pests. One specific breed of tooka was the Loth-cat, native to the planet Lothal. Tooka were known to enjoy milk. Tooka were common in the underworld of Coruscant, where they hunted Nuna.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Cats in Star Wars, why not?"
- ―Dave Filoni
Tookas first appeared in the Star Wars franchise as "Adoris feline" in Otherspace, an adventure for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. Though this title is now part of Star Wars Legends, tooka were introduced into the Star Wars canon in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, first as a stuffed toy and later as the actual creature. They were named after Dave Filoni's deceased cat, Tuuk. The loth-cat is a specific breed of tooka appearing in Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (Seen in artwork)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- (Appears as art only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "The Stranger"
- ↑ Star Wars 15: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part II"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "To Catch a Jedi"
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head