1.6 - 2.4 meters
| Sociocultural characteristics
The Toong were an anti-social species of aliens from the planet Toong'L. In comparison with many other humanoids, their heads were disproportionately large for their bodies. Their home planet, Toong'l, was devastated by a collision with a poisonous comet shortly before 32 BBY, and the surviving Toong were forced to relocate to the neighboring planet of Tund.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Toong spoke the language Tundan. The Toong had long gangly legs, no neck, and bulbous bodies. Their eyes were high on their pointed forehead, and their cheeks were jowled. Toong could store food in their cheeks, much like the rodents they were assumed to have evolved from.
Toong exhibited severe nervousness and agoraphobia. Weak-willed and frightened of confrontation, Toong almost always gave in to an aggressor when threatened. Toong only truly felt safe when around immediate family. They, however, were not cowards; they simply dreaded interaction with other sentient creatures.
The species was barely beginning their first steps toward exploring their home system when they were discovered by the Galactic Republic. The appearance of other sentient life, with technology far more advanced than their own, threw the Toong homeworld into utter chaos. As a result, a world war triggered. This came as a shock to the first contact specialist who had observed the species and documented them as being peace-loving and outgoing. It took weeks to re-establish contact with the Toong. It took the intervention of the Jedi and the first contact specialist from Coruscant to stop the massive warfare that was threatening to doom the species.
After joining the Old Republic, the Toong began rapidly advance technology. Reluctantly leaving their own system, the Toong scattered colonies throughout the galaxy. Perhaps the most famous of these was Ben Quadinaros. As a podracer pilot, he competed primarily in the Pouffra Circuit but he also had one disappointing attempt at the Boonta Eve Classic. King Kikipi was another famous Toong, the leader of his people during the Clone Wars.
- Knight Errant
- Jedi Quest: Path to Truth
- Podracing Tales
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Crash Course
- Allegiance (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- Racer Rush
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I Who's Who: A Pocket Guide to the Characters of The Phantom Menace
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Young Jedi Collectible Card Game
- Star Wars Insider 53
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Official Star Wars Fact File (2013) Part 3 (POD5, The Boonta Eve Classic Podrace)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Ben Quadinaros)