- "Why are they doing this?"
"They never even asked me any questions."
- ―Leia Organa and Han Solo
Torture was a means of punishment, or interrogation through causing physical pain. Darth Vader was adept at it: even as a Jedi, he Force choked Poggle the Lesser to gain information on killing the brain worms. He once tortured Han Solo so his pain would reverberate through the Force and draw out Luke Skywalker.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- ; image #3 (of 9)