- "But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"
"You can waste time with your friends when your chores are done."
- ―Luke Skywalker and Owen Lars
Tosche Station was a power and distribution station located outside the town of Anchorhead on Tatooine. It was the power source of a number of surrounding cities, via dozens of sturdy underground cables. It stocked useful supplies for the local moisture farmers such as power converters. The station also provided services such as vehicle repairs and equipment recharging.
The station was named after its owner Merl Tosche, who rarely visited. Tosche's frequent absence meant that the station was usually managed by Laze "Fixer" Loneozner. As a result, it became a popular gathering place for local youths such as Luke Skywalker and Biggs Darklighter.
Fixer spent most of his time at Tosche Station working on building an illegal podracer from spare parts, which he then planned to sell in Mos Espa to earn money for his wedding with his girlfriend Camie.
In 1 ABY, wild creatures dug up and damaged the underground power cables, causing a blackout in the city of Bestine. Fixer was forced to hire hunters to destroy the creatures in the area to make way for repairs.
Behind the scenesEdit
Tosche Station was supposed to appear in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, but was cut from the film. The scene was, however, released in the deleted scenes of the special features of the Blu-Ray release of the original trilogy. The scene shows Luke Skywalker telling his friends, including Biggs Darklighter and Fixer, about a space battle he saw above the planet.
The filming location is locally known as Sidi Jemour, on the Island of Djerba, Tunisia.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 7: Outlander, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- "Falling Star"—Star Wars Tales 15 (Mentioned only)
- Empire 8: Darklighter, Part 1
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (Deleted scene)
- Star Wars 1
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike (Non-canonical appearance)
- "The Rebel Club"—Star Wars Tales 19 (Non-canonical mention)
- Rebel Force: Renegade
- Star Wars 31: Return to Tatooine (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Darksaber (Mentioned only)
- Planet of Twilight (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader and Son (Non-canonical mention)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Star Wars Technical Journal, Volume One
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Secrets of Tatooine
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- "Anchorhead: The Lost Scenes"—Star Wars Insider 35
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 9 (ELE1, Electrobinoculars)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 72 (TAT41-42, Tatooine - Anchorhead and Tosche Station)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 74 (TAT46, Obi'Wan's Home)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae
- "A Blu Hope!"—Star Wars Insider 128
- The Essential Reader's Companion