- "We're caught in a tractor beam! It's pulling us in!"
- ―Han Solo
A tractor beam was a projected force field that manipulated gravitational forces to push or pull objects. Such devices were employed on some vessels, creating an energy field that allowed them to lock onto and move other vessels or objects.
Vessels employing tractor beams included the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, the MC80 star cruiser, and the Republic tugboat. The Death Star also contained a tractor beam and used it to draw the Millennium Falcon into one of the battlestation's hangar bays.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ; images #4, 5 (of 17)