The advanced droid bomber was armed with four laser cannons and a high capacity bomb bay. Although well armored and shielded, it was slow and lacked maneuverability. In most cases, the bomber was deployed in squadrons of five.
While the Vulture-class droid starfighters enjoyed both maneuverability and speed, these bombers were easy to hit due to the predictability of their flight path. Like the Vulture and other Federation starfighters, these craft were usually slaved to a central control computer, often aboard a Lucrehulk-class Droid Control Ship.
The craft was a Xi Char design.
The bomber was used against the pirate Nym on Lok. During the Invasion of Naboo in 32 BBY, the Trade Federation employed the droid bombers against that planet's resistance forces and to subjugate civilians.
The bombers saw further use in other places of Federation activity, such as the Karthakk system. They were also placed on-board C-9979 carriers guarding Nod Kartha. They were later used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars, at the Battle of Viidaav.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Starfighter
- Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
- "Heroes on Both Sides"—Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 5
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Starfighter
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
- ↑ Star Wars: Starfighter itself refers to its events taking place during the Invasion of Naboo. The New Essential Chronology establishes on page 40 that the invasion happens in 32 BBY.
- ↑ Heroes on Both Sides (comic)