- "I am Bossk from Trandosha! I did not come to Monad Outpost to die in this arena. But if I am to die tonight, I wish to die as a warrior."
Trandosha was an arboreal planet located in the galaxy's Mid Rim and the homeworld of the Trandoshan species. It was orbited by Wasskah, a verdant moon, and was positioned in the same star system as Kashyyyk, the homeworld of the Trandoshans' fierce rivals, the Wookiees. The feared Trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk hailed from Trandosha.
Trandosha was a planet located in the Kashyyyk system, a single-star system positioned in the Mid Rim's Mytaranor sector. It was located in grid square P-9 on the Standard Galactic Grid. Trandosha was orbited by Wasskah, a verdant moon, and neighbored the planet Kashyyyk, which shared the same system.
A temperate world of thick jungles and forests, Trandosha was a hunter's paradise. The world had a greenish hue when viewed from space, and large, white clouds loomed over the planet's marbled surface.
Trandosha was the homeworld of the Trandoshans, sentient reptilian humanoids who were renowned for their hunting prowess and allied their world with the Galactic Republic. They had a fierce rivalry with the Wookiees, a sentient species that was native to the neighboring world of Kashyyyk. Trandoshans from Trandosha included Bossk, one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy; the salvage ship captain Gha Nachkt; and the big-game hunter Garnac.
Behind the scenesEdit
"Dosha," the Trandoshan homeworld, was the main setting of the original script for "Padawan Lost," the twenty-first episode of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' third season, but this locale was later changed to Wasskah, Trandosha's moon. Although not visited, Trandosha can still be seen in the episode's final version, as well in the following episode, "Wookiee Hunt," both of which aired on April 1, 2011. Trandosha traces its origins to the 1996 Star Wars Legends short story "The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk," written by Kathy Tyers and featured in the anthology book Tales of the Bounty Hunters.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (Mentioned indirectly on poster only)
- Ezra's Gamble (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that the moon Wasskah orbits Trandosha. Ultimate Star Wars further establishes Wasskah to be located in the Kashyyyk system of the Mid Rim's Mytaranor sector, thereby providing a location for Trandosha.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Journey Through Space establishes that the planet Kashyyyk orbits one sun. In addition, Ultimate Star Wars places the moon Wasskah in the Kashyyyk system. As Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia establishes that Wasskah is Trandosha's moon, Trandosha must therefore have orbited the Kashyyyk system's single star.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game places Kashyyyk in grid square P-9. As Ultimate Star Wars places Wasskah—Trandosha's moon, according to Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia—in the Kashyyyk system, Trandosha must therefore be located in the same grid square as Kashyyyk.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 (Slide 4)
- ↑ (Slides 7 and 8)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 9.0 9.1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One — Featurette: "Downfall of a Droid"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- ↑ "The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk"—Tales of the Bounty Hunters