- "I am Bossk from Trandosha! I did not come to Monad Outpost to die in this arena. But if I am to die tonight, I wish to die as a warrior."
Trandosha, also known as Dosha, was an arboreal planet located in the galaxy's Mid Rim and the homeworld of the Trandoshan species. It was orbited by Wasskah, a verdant moon, and was positioned in the same star system as Kashyyyk, the homeworld of the Trandoshans' fierce rivals, the Wookiees. The feared Trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk hailed from Trandosha.
Trandosha, also known as Dosha, was a planet located in the Kashyyyk system, a single-star system that was positioned in the Mid Rim's Mytaranor sector. It was orbited by Wasskah, a verdant moon, and neighbored the planet Kashyyyk, which was located in the same system.
A temperate world of thick jungles and forests, Trandosha was a hunter's paradise. The world had a greenish hue when viewed from space, and large, white clouds loomed over the planet's marbled surface. Trandosha was the homeworld of several species, including convors, birds with prehensile tails that were popular pets on many worlds; and momongs, small, six-limbed carnivorous primates, both of which could also be found on Wasskah.
Trandosha was the homeworld of the Trandoshans, sentient reptilian humanoids who were renowned for their hunting prowess and allied their world with the Galactic Republic. They had a fierce rivalry with the Wookiees, a sentient species that was native to the neighboring world of Kashyyyk. Trandoshans from Trandosha included Bossk, one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy; the salvage ship captain Gha Nachkt; and the big-game hunter Garnac.
Behind the scenesEdit
Trandosha was the main setting of the original script for "Padawan Lost," the twenty-first episode in the third season of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but this locale was later changed to Wasskah, Trandosha's moon. Although not visited, the planet can still be seen in the episode's final version, as well in the following episode, "Wookiee Hunt," the third-season finale, both of which aired on April 1, 2011. Trandosha traces its origins to the 1996 Star Wars Legends short story "The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk," written by Kathy Tyers and featured in the anthology book Tales of the Bounty Hunters.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (Mentioned indirectly on poster only)
- Ezra's Gamble (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The episode guide for "Padawan Lost" states that the moon Wasskah orbits Trandosha. Ultimate Star Wars further establishes Wasskah to be located in the Kashyyyk system of the Mid Rim's Mytaranor sector, thereby providing a location for Trandosha.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Journey Through Space establishes that Kashyyyk orbited one sun. As Trandosha was located in the same star system as Kashyyyk, it must have orbited the same star.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 (Slide 4)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 (Slide 8)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 (Slide 7)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One Featurette: "Downfall of a Droid"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 9.0 9.1
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ (Slide 5)
- ↑ 16.0 16.1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- ↑ "The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk"—Tales of the Bounty Hunters
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Peril on Kashyyyk"
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A Hero Discovered"