|Chronological and political information|
- "What is this?"
"Zaloriis formally declares its independence!"
"Request denied, Minister."
"What the… [chokes]"
- ―Darth Vader and Transe Decar, at the latter's execution
Transe Decar was a Human male minister on the planet of Zaloriis during the rule of the Galactic Empire. Circa late 2 ABY to early 3 ABY, during the Galactic Civil War, Decar decided to lead Zaloriis to defect from the Empire to the growing Rebellion against it. One of Decar's first rebellious actions was deliberately ignoring Zaloriis's monthly tribute to the Empire, which attracted the attention of the Sith Lord Darth Vader, who saw Decar's actions as a vague clue to the Alliance Fleet's location, and went to Zaloriis to investigate. Upon his arrival, Decar ambushed Vader and revealed his defection to the Rebellion. Vader, however, was unfazed by the announcement and used the Force to strangle Decar. Vader and his troops then fought and destroyed the Rebel presence on Zaloriis.
- "Minister Decar, this is Darth Vader."
"I'm here, Darth."
- ―Darth Vader, to Transe Decar
A Human male, Transe Decar served as a minister on the planet of Zaloriis in the Outer Rim during the reign of the Galactic Empire. At some point during Decar's tenure as minister, the Empire initiated a top-secret research project on Zaloriis, the development of the All Terrain Armored Transport. Decar was not placed in charge of it, and was not even aware of its existence, with Colonel Maximilian Veers being given control of the project instead. Between late 2 ABY and early 3 ABY, during the Galactic Civil War, a conflict between the Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic, Decar decided to lead Zaloriis to defect to the Rebellion. After allowing a large amount of Rebel forces onto his planet, Decar deliberately avoided paying Zaloriis's monthly tribute to the Empire.
Decar's actions attracted the attention of Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith and Supreme Commander of the Imperial Fleet, who had been hunting the Alliance Fleet since the loss of the Empire's planet-destroying superweapon, the Death Star, at the Battle of Yavin. Vader took Decar's actions as a vague clue to the Rebel Fleet's whereabouts and decided to visit Zaloriis personally to meet with him. Shortly before Vader's arrival, the Rebel forces and Decar's soldiers seized control of the Imperial forces on the planet, placing a large number of Imperial stormtroopers in prison and arresting Colonel Veers. Vader later arrived with a small group of troopers to meet with Decar, who suddenly ambushed the Sith Lord and revealed Zaloriis's defection. Vader was not concerned by Decar's announcement and simply used the Force to choke Decar, killing the Minister. Vader then questioned one of Decar's soldiers on the location of the stormtroopers who had been captured, and subsequently rescued them and Veers. The Empire proceeded to destroy the Rebel Alliance uprising on Zaloriis using the All Terrain Armored Transports.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Freeze! Drop your weapons."
- ―Transe Decar, as he ambushed Darth Vader
Transe Decar served as a minister for Zaloriis up until his death. Decar was unafraid to betray the Empire and even officially declared it in front of the feared Darth Vader, though this decision cost him his life. Decar also owned a blaster and was wielding it when he confronted the Dark Lord, and at that time he also wore a cloak. He spoke with a thick Zaloriian accent, had brown hair and a mustache, and had light skin.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Meet with Minister Transe Decar and investigate the situation on Zaloriis."
- ―Instructions given to the player in the level in which Decar appears
Transe Decar appears in the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its 2002 expansion, Clone Campaigns, in which he was voiced by Michael Gough. Before the game's release, he was first mentioned in its strategy guide, which originally spelled the character's name as "Decaar." Decar only appears in the fourth level of the game's Imperial campaign, titled "An Empire's Fury," in which the player controls the Imperial Army and has to fight the Zaloriian rebels. In the dialogue spoken by Decar, his character is always referred to as "Zalor Minister," but his real name is given in dialogue with Darth Vader. Decar's in-game sprite and image are the same as the Zalor Militiamen, the only difference being that Decar is wearing a cloak.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance) (First identified as Transe Decar)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned) (as Transe Decaar)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 In Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, during the battle of Zaloriis, the Empire finds intelligence that leads to the Battle of Hoth, which The Essential Atlas places in early 3 ABY, meaning Decar was killed shortly before.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide