Transparisteel was a hard and completely transparent metal alloy. This made it a commonly used material for starship viewports, and the windows of strongholds, and other buildings where security was a must. In starship viewports, transparisteel could be made photosensitive to become more opaque near bright explosions, while traveling through hyperspace, and such. A major component in the make-up of transparisteel was lommite.
Transparisteel was much weaker than its opaque counterpart durasteel.
Types of transparisteelEdit
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook, First Edition
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: )
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt
- Bartyn's Landing"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Unknown Regions
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare