Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The WED Treadwell was a four-armed (with additional sockets available) automaton propelled by a treaded base. The droid's photoreceptors were mounted on a long, thin telescopic stalk, from which protruded various tool-tipped appendages. The standard WED droid had sockets to support up to six manipulators, though variants carried eight or more. These limbs were easy to install and replace, and Cybot Galactica actively encouraged consumers to purchase a variety of appendages for their Treadwells.
Despite this versatility, the WED Treadwell was known to be fragile, and the repair droid required much maintenance itself. Owen Lars owned a WED-15-77 nicknamed, simply, "Treadwell."
Types of WED TreadwellEdit
- WED-9 Treadwell droid
- WED-10 Treadwell droid
- WED-15 Treadwell droid
- WED-15 Septoid Treadwell
- WED-20 Treadwell
- WED-500 Treadwell
- WED-600 Treadwell
- WED-1016 'Techie' Droid
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Star Wars Technical Journal, Volume One (As "Treadwell")
- Star Wars Technical Journal (As "Treadwell")
- Platt's Smugglers Guide
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: WED-9-M1 'Bantha' Droid)
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 8 (MOI1–2, Moisture Farming)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 16 (WED1-4, WED Treadwell Repair Droid)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 91 (MOI13, Moisture Farming)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Unknown Regions
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Assault on Echo Base (Card: WED-15-1016) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Illustrated: The Empire Strikes Back (Card: The Search Begins) (Picture only)