WED Treadwells were flexible class 2 utility and repair droids. Standing at around a meter tall, they came in a range of models, but all had a flat, wide treaded base, a spindly, telescopic stalk, upon which was mounted binocular visual sensors. WEDs also had a cluster of arms tipped with various tools, which could be purchased separately. Treadwells were used to repair ships, machinery, and other droids, but were relativity fragile and required frequent maintenance. Despite this, they had the ability to keep working at optimal capacity until they were destroyed.
There were three known models:
WED Treadwells were used by both sides of the Galactic Civil War; the Galactic Empire used them to repair their turrets and structures, while the Alliance to Restore the Republic used them to make field repairs to vehicles in the heat of combat.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Future of the Force"
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Bounty Hunt
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars 10: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part III
- Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I (Wreckage only)
- "Droid Dilemma"
- Star Wars: Commander (First identified as WED Treadwell repair droid)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- "High Noon on Jakku"
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Builders: Droids
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- (Picture only)