- "Be careful when purchasing an NR-5. A small company called "Tredwall" is marketing an NR knockoff that works for about ten hours before completely frying all of its circuits!"
- ―Kraemr, on Cynabar's Droid Datalog
"Tredwall" was a small company of outlaw techs in the Corporate Sector that stole the designs of several Kalibac Industries droids and produced cheap, faulty imitations, further diminishing KI's reputation after its operations were severely weakened by a series of lawsuits brought on by Cybot Galactica over shared components.
In the year 2 BBY, Tredwall produced and marketed a knockoff of KI's NR-5 series repair droid that worked for about ten hours before completely frying all its circuits. A male Rodian known as "Faddo" worked for the company as a wandering sales representative, selling defective droids to gullible marks on the Vohai Unirail while somehow avoiding persecution by the law. The smuggler Kraemr warned potential NR-5 buyers of their NR knockoff on Cynabar's Droid Datalog. Having been swindled by Faddo, the pirate Drev Jalok, via the Datalog, invited those scammed by the Tredwall con artist to meet him on the planet Selonia in the next month to help Jalok exact vengeance.
Behind the scenesEdit
Tredwall was first mentioned in Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids, a Star Wars Legends supplement written by Drew Campbell and Eric S. Trautmann for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game and released on April 1, 1997.
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Kalibac Industries") (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 195 ("Kalibac Industries")
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Droids
- ↑ According to The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, the NR-5 series repair droid was produced by Kalibac Industries during the Galactic Civil War, whose beginning was dated to 2 BBY by The Essential Atlas. In addition, according to Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids, Tredwall marketed NR knockoffs in 2 BBY, when genuine NR-5s were available for purchase. As a result, it can be assumed that the NR knockoff was introduced in 2 BBY.
- ↑ Suns of Fortune