- "Page turners, they were not."
- ―Yoda, on the contents of the library
The tree library was a reading chamber within the hollowed-out trunk of an uneti tree on the temple island of Ahch-To. A bookshelf within contained the original sacred texts of the Jedi religion during the period of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker's exile on the island. The texts themselves were assembled by Skywalker himself.
Rey discovered the library while attempting to bring Skywalker out of his exile to aid the Resistance, and was confronted about her purpose on the island by the Jedi Master within the chamber. She later retrieved the library's books, storing them on the Millennium Falcon, prior to leaving Ahch-To for the Crait system. Shortly thereafter, Skywalker attempted to burn the uneti tree down, but was intercepted by the Force spirit of Yoda, who called down a lightning strike that set the tree alight.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Tree library)
- The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. The events of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi pick up immediately following The Force Awakens.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi