- "I am hopeful that we will be able to make Myrkr or the Ryyk Nebula, where we might reform with the Tremendous group arriving from [point of origin classified]."
- ―Admiral Saul Karath, in a dispatch to the Republic Navy Admiral of the Fleet
The Tremendous was an Inexpugnable-class tactical command ship that served the Republic Navy during the Mandalorian Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorian warrior clans. The flagship of a battle group by the year 3963 BBY, the Tremendous at one point patrolled the area of the planet Myrkr and the Ryyk Nebula. After the Mandalorian devastation of the planet Serroco, Republic Admiral Saul Karath retreated and attempted to link up with the Tremendous and its battle group, but his flagship was destroyed before he got the chance.
An Inexpugnable-class tactical command ship manufactured by Rendili Hyperworks, the Tremendous featured a massive Vanjervalis Systems computer fitted to its frame that allowed it to serve as a mobile platform from which the actions and movements of an entire fleet could be coordinated. Up to sixty-four Hammerhead-class cruisers could be connected to the Tremendous at any one time, and the dozens of ships gave the slow-moving Tremendous plenty of defense. Like other Inexpugnable-class ships, the Tremendous featured the class's trademark "wishing-well" bridge configuration, where visual and electronic data was displayed holographically over a transparent deck.
The Tremendous had a width of 3,100 meters, and while the capital ship was able to enjoy the protection of its phalanx of Hammerhead cruisers, it had an armament that included five double turbolaser batteries, five light turbolaser batteries, two point-defense laser cannons, and two tractor beam batteries, all of which combined required sixty-six gunners to operate. The Courageous also could contain a sizable complement of ships, including up to 144 Aurek-class tactical strikefighters, twenty-four S-250 Chela-class starfighters, twenty-four Conductor-class short-haul landing craft, six Ministry-class orbital shuttles, and other support craft. Equipped with a navicomputer, a Class 2 hyperdrive, and a Class 10 unit as a backup, the Tremendous could hold 50,000 tons of cargo and two years' worth of consumables. Though it was not available for sale, the ship carried an estimated value of 70 million credits.
The Tremendous was active during the Mandalorian Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorian warrior clans, heading its own battle group by 3963 BBY. That year, after the Mandalorian devastation of the planet Serroco, Admiral Saul Karath retreated along with his battle group under Mandalorian pursuit. At the time, the Tremendous and its flotilla were located near the planet Myrkr and the Ryyk Nebula, and Karath hoped to link up with them—however, Karath's flagship, the Courageous, was run down and destroyed by the Mandalorians before he ever had the chance.
Commanders and crewEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
The Tremendous was first mentioned in The Admiral's List: Remember Serroco! Edition, an in-universe news report appearing on the last page of Knights of the Old Republic 16: Nights of Anger, Part 1, a comic written by John Jackson Miller and released in 2007. Miller named the Tremendous after a ship from the Napoleonic era French Navy.
- The Admiral's List: Remember Serroco! Edition (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Handbook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Miller, John Jackson (2007-05-02, 12:37). Dark Horse Message Boards • View topic - KotOR #16 -- We don't negotiate with dead Padawans!. Dark Horse Message Boards. Dark Horse Comics, Inc. Retrieved on November 5, 2014. "The casualty list is, as it says, a partial one from the entire theater. On the other question -- yes, it was an italicization thing. The Tremendous is a ship in the same class as the Courageous. Another one of my trivial imports from the Napoleonic era navy; their Tremendous was another 74-gun ship like the Courageaux, a French ship captured in 1761 and used as the model for the Leviathan class. (I liked the Karath connection there, obviously!)"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Admiral's List: Remember Serroco! Edition
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic 17: Nights of Anger, Part 2