- "Ahsoka Tano. You have been charged with sedition against the Jedi Order and the Republic itself. This court will decide your fate."
- ―Chancellor Palpatine's opening statement at the trial's start
Former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano was put on trial shortly before the end of the Clone Wars, after Tano was charged with sedition against the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic for her alleged role in the bombing of the Jedi Temple hangar. The charges came after she visited with Letta Turmond, who was being held as a suspect in the case, and Turmond was Force choked to death while Tano was in her cell.
Tano was then imprisoned, but escaped. However, she was eventually caught and brought to the trial, but not before being cast out of the Jedi Order and stripped of her Padawan braid. She was represented by Padmé Amidala, who sought desperately to find a way to clear her client, but with little success.
Just before the verdict was read by Palpatine, Tano was cleared of the charges because the Jedi Knight who was her master, Anakin Skywalker, conducted his own investigation and discovered that the crime Tano had been accused of had in fact been committed by Barriss Offee, a Jedi Padawan who had grown disillusioned with the behavior of the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars.
Tano was invited to rejoin the Jedi Order but declined, stating that she had to follow her own path.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "In Search of the Crystal" (Indirect mention only)
- Tarkin (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- ; image #12 (of 18)